January 31, 2018 | Posted in:General, Italy, Travel
OUR CRESCENDO TOUR OF ITALY - MAY 12 – 20, 2018
Just as the Pro’s use the Critérium du Dauphiné as a run-in to the Tour de France I have used my “camps” in Italy. To bring your form to a ”crescendo” why not join me in Italy as final preparation for the 2018 USA Cycling Masters Road Race Championships to be held this June in Georgia?
I have selected this region of Italy for several good reasons. First, it is known as the Cyclist’s Paradise where the culture of bicycling has been nurtured for decades. Marco Pantani was born and learned to become a Grand Tour winner, here. Second, Romagna is the “bread basket” of Italy and renowned for its stunning landscapes of ancient medieval fortresses and rolling hills covered by vineyards and olive groves, as well as its extensive network of wonderful roads. Third, and as important, surrounded by all this art, history and tradition is our host hotel, the Hotel Gran San Bernardo, located in Riccione overlooking the Adriatic Sea. Even after a hard ride it is hard to resist the temptation to walk on the beach or into town for a refreshing gelato.
TRIP INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO:
- Transfers between airport (Bologna or Rimini) and our hotel in Riccione
- 8 nights’ Accommodations with sea view at the Hotel Gran San Bernardo
- Breakfast, most Lunches and Dinner Daily (with bottled water and wine)
- Eight days of organized and legendary rides with Steve Lehman and local ride leaders
- Experience Stage 12 of the Giro d’Italia as it passes through Riccione (VIP Package may be available at additional cost)
- Visit an ancient olive grove with olive oil tasting
- Visit a vineyard with tastings and a very nice lunch in the garden
- Bicycle Rental Included
- Laundry service daily for cycle wear
- NINE DAYS, ALL-INCLUSIVE, JUST, $2,460